Chest and Stomach Lipo and Smart Lipo?

I had lipo and smartlipo on my chest and stomach on Nov. 1 of this month. I have had my three week follow up appointment and my doctor said I'm healing nicely and doing good. I still have swelling, numbness, and hard areas here and there. My doctor and this site suggests massaging the areas to get out the adema and harden areas. When will this swelling to away and when can I expect to see my final results?

Skin Tightening after Liposuction

+2

The swelling usually persists for 3 to 6 months, depending upon amount suctioned and your body's reponse.  The skin gradually tightens as the swelling resolves.  Scar tissue does cause contraction of tissue.

Final Results of Lipo

+2

The truly final results of liposuction take much longer to appear than most people expect. The body needs time to remodel nerves, vasculature, and collagen fibers, and to finish the healing and inflammation process and truly recover from the excess fluid in the area. That is why I would recommend you don't fully judge your results until at least 4 months post procedure. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Chest and Stomach Lipo and Smart Lipo?

+2

Your post operation is going correct, you need massage like all the patients that had lipo, the final result will be between 6-12 months.    

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and swelling.

+2

Liposuction always leads to swelling and it can take weeks and months for all the swelling to go away. Some say laser liposuction can reduce swelling, but in my opinion, power liposuction is best at reducing swelling. Lymphatic massaging can help to reduce swelling in addition to wearing your garments. Best wishes. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Timing to See Liposuction Results?

+2

Congradulations on  having undergone the liposuction procedure. I tell my patients that it may take 3 to 6 months to see the majority of the results after liposuction surgery, and up to one year to see the skin fully redrape.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure.

Final result after liposuction should be seen at about 4-6 months.

+2

After every surgery, there is swelling and the tissues must first heal and then the scars need to soften as they mature. You are still early in your recovery phase. Even though you can't see it, the area under your skin, where the liposuction occurred is also forming a scar and you will need to be patient as this scar matures and softens and the swelling resolves.  Massaging may help with this, but the final result won't be seen until approximately 4-6 months.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD