Do Chemicals Get Rid of Acne Scars?

i had glycolic peel 30 % a month ago by my dermatologist for acne scars, and it didnt have any effect, i didnt see any improvements at all so i got another appointment for another chemical peel, should i get a higher percentage for it to fade scars? or do some other treatment?

Helping improve acne and acne scars

+1

There are many options for acne and acne scars.  I would recommend the new acne laser available through the VBeam system and chemical peels. 

Chemical Peels for Acne Scarring

+1

Chemical peels are useful for acne and acne scarring. This technique is particularly useful for scars that leave discoloration on the skin. You will see modest results after a peel, so my recommendation is usually to do a series of peels with a few weeks between each treatment. Depending on how you respond, your dermatologiist will recommend increasing, decreasing or using the same concentration of the peeling agent, which in your case is glycolic acid. In some cases, an alternative peeling agent, such as salicylic acid, jessner's solution or trichloracetic acid, can be used if you do not respond.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon