Time Between Chemical Peels?

How many days should be a gap between sessions of chemical peels all over face and undereyes.10 days is safer.

Rest Periods between Peels

+2

The time required between peel treatments is dependent on many factors, including the patient’s skin type, the type of peeling agent (acid) used, and the concentration of the peeling agent. As a rule of thumb, I recommend that my patients have an initial course of peel treatments every 2 weeks for 4 weeks followed by one peel a month to maintain results. Peels are especially effective when used with a high quality skincare line such as Miracle 10. It is important to avoid the use of acids in your everyday skincare products for at least 3 days after a peel as they may aggregate the skin. Also, be sure to use sunblock each morning as peels can increase the sensitivity of your skin to the sun.

Time Between Chemical Peels

+2

The duration between treatments will vary depending on the type of peel that you have. Generally, it is 2 - 4 weeks apart.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How much time to go between chemical peels?

+1

Depending on your skin, the strength of the chemical peel, and your tolerance of the procedure - you should wait someplace between 2-4 weeks between treatments.  Remember, new skin regrowth may take from 10-14 after the peel, so in between, the face may be very red, sensitive, and dry, until it has time to heal. 

Narin (Dr.Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Time between peels

+1

The time between chemical peels depends on the strength of the peel and if any products are being used between peels. Generally speaking I recommend waiting 3-4 weeks between most peels.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Time Between Chemical Peels Vary.

+1

As a rough rule, most chemical peels are done 2 weeks apart on the face since the face peels in 7-10 days and 3-4 weeks apart for the chest since the chest often takes 2-3 weeks to peel. Also the type of acids used may vary the time frame alittle. Sincerely,
David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Time Between Chemical Peels

+1

The interval between chemical peels is really dependent on the type of chemical peel you have. Peel procedures are classified as superficial, medium and deep, which refers to the intensity of the peel and the depth in the skin that peel affects. In general, the downtime for superficial peels is much less that deep peels. Still, it is hard to make a recommendation as everyone responds slightly differently to the procedure. In general, I tell patients to wait anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks between superficial chemical peel procedures. However, I would advise you to speak to the physician prescribing the peels to see the best time between procedures for you.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon