Chemical Peel vs Microdermabrasion

Which is better for moderate acne scars and sun damage? Is one better for one or the other? Should they be combined?

Microdermabrasion does not remove scars

Microdermabrasion will not remove scars but can improve brown spots left over from acne lesions.  It will also improve discolorations and coarse texture caused by sun damage.  Light chemical peels will have the same effect.  Stronger light and medium peels, such as TCA peels may improve scars and wrinkles but not as effectively as some lasers.  Deep peels will remove scars but can also cause permanent loss of skin color and are therefore have been replaced by more better technology (lasers.)

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon