About a Chemical Peel?

So I did a chemical peel called kavi salcystic acid 20 percent at home. I didn't have any problems. It finished peeling and I still have brown spots on my cheek and for my nose it made it even worse it looks burned. I would show a picture but idk how to show it

Chemical peel

+1

It is never a good idea to do at home chemical peels, it is very easy to use the wrong peel or even worse to burn yourself. I recommend going to a plastic surgeon or aesthetician and discussing your concerns with them so they can treat you with the appropriate product for your skin type and conditions. Always wear your sunscreen and please, no more at home treatments. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

At Home Chemical Peel Can Be Dangerous

+1

It is risky to do chemical peels at home as you are not a professional and have not been trained to administer them.  In addition, not being familiar with the chemicals and how they interact with certain skin types and medications can be extremely dangerous. That being said, I always recommend going to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or a Licensed Esthetician for your chemical peels. This way they can customize the facial directly for you using the right type/blend to improve your skin. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Home chemical peeling

+1

I don't think that anyone should be doing chemical peels with acids on their face by themselves unless you have extensive training and experience to deal with the effects and potential side effects. Best to speak with your dermatologist about the best treatment options for your particular problem, since peels may not even be the answer....you might do better with a photo facial (IPL) or laser resurfacing, or a deeper peel with TCA...get the right diagnosis to get on the right treatment path.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Problems after home chemical peel

+1

Doing a chemical peel at home is always somewhat dangerous.   You are not familiar with the chemicals or how to avoid complications and take care of them when and fit they develop.  You may want to try to use an over the counter hydrocortosone 1% cream on your cheeks and nose.  If you do not show improvement then you should be seen by a physician experienced with these types of peels.  

Home Chemical Peeling Not Ideal

+1

I do not recommend doing peels (of any type) at home as that can often lead to permanent discoloration and scarring.  Better to be treated by or under the supervision of an experienced, board-certified dermatologist in his/her office. Generally speaking, salicylic acid peels are better suited for acne and pores, less for brown spots.  There are other types of peels that can significantly improve brown spots and pigmentation.  Consult with a local board-certified dermatologist experienced in chemical peeling to learn what will work best for your concerns and skin type. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=13

Salicylic acid peels

+1

It is always risky to do peels at home since you may have resultant scarring and dark pigmentation.  Salicylic acid peels are best for acne and blackheads, not for brown spots.  You should consult a dermatologist to help you with your burned nose and to determine which treatments would be best for your brown spots.

Toronto Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.