Chemical Peel On Lower Eyes to Tighten Up the Lax Skin?

Hi there, i want to do a chemical peel on my lower eyes to tighten up the lax skin around the eyelids, id like to know how this process works and what strength of TCA to use to achive good results, also how long recovery time if i used a strong strength TCA peel, detailed answers please as i got three bottles, 12%, 35% and 50% strength and i want to get going, thankyou for your time.

A series of TCA peels around the eyes does nicely to tighten lax skin.

+1

Usually you don't see much difference with only 1 peel around the eyes for skin laxity. It usually takes 3-5 peels of 14%Jessner's +35%TCA at 1 month intervals by a trained Doc who will have you use a prescription cortisone cream twice a day for 2 weeks, SPF daily, and a gentle retin A type cream very sparingly every other night after 1 week. The cost of roughly $350 per peel by a doctor is worth saving your vision and preventing severe scarring if you try this yourself. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

I like laser resurfacing or fractional radiofrequency (EndyMed or eMatrix) for eyelid tightening.

+1

I hope you are not going to try and do this yourself!  There are serious complications to a bad chemical peel.  I recommend seeing an expert.  In my hands, laser resurfacing and radiofrequency fractional resurfacing are very good for moderate eyelid tightening and wrinkle removal.  Sever baggy eyelids are best treated with eyelid surgery.  Deep chemical peels with phenol are very aggressive peels and may leave the skin white and may not match the rest of the face.  Once again, SEE AN EXPERT!  DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon