I Had Chemical Peels Upto 8 Times on my Face Because of Sun Damage, But It Doesn't Work. Other Options?

im 22 yrs old.skin color is black.im going for treatment about 1 year because i'm ving sun damaged skin only in my face.my doctor said that peel didn't work on your skin, and it can not be cured.so please suggest me any solution.

Skin rejuvenation for sun damage

+1

You probably have dark patches of melasma on your face.  You should be using sunscreen with SPF 50+ daily and a tretinoin cream combined with hydroquinone and anti-oxidants.  If your pigment is superficial, this treatment will help.  If your pigment is deep, it is very difficult to treat and you may need to find a good camouflage makeup.

Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Treatment for Sun Damage

+1

Laser treatments give superior results to chemical peels. There are many different systems available. If you want results comparable to a chemical peel, I recommend the Spectra laser system, which is safe for all skin colors. It is used for many different areas. But it can also provide an exfoliation effect. The reason lasers can do more than any type of topical treatment is that they work to improve the skin from deeper layers, instead of just focusing on the surface. A substantial number of skin problems arise from damaged tissue fibers beneath the surface. So this is the focus of what needs to be addressed.

To correct sun damage, I also recommend Fraxel Dual. This is a laser system that is also safe for all skin tones. The longer wavelengths heat the dermal layer beneath the surface to promote the formation of new collagen. This allows your skin to be rejuvenated from the inside out. 

Because lasers use a single wavelength, the overall effects are far more predictable than chemical peels or light based treatments that use multiple wavelengths.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-acne/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL to treat sun damage

+1

Dear Patient,

It is very unfortunate that IPL (intense pulsed light – Photorejuvenation) cannot be done on dark skin. IPL is the best treatment to reduce sun damage without any down time. There are however certain IPL machines out there that do treat dark skin. You need to consult you physician to find out if the machine he or she is using can treat your sun damage whilst minimizing side effects such as burns or hypo pigmentation (whitening of the skin) and ask them to do a test spot on a hidden area. There are also many different kinds of chemical peels that treat dark skin; you just need to find a medical facility that offers it. Good luck.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Options for treatment of sun damaged skin

+1

One of the most effective (and least expensive) ways to reverse the effects of chronic sun damage to your skin is by using a combination of two prescription strength medications: tretinoin cream and 4% hydroquinone cream. I recommend the Obagi Nu-Derm System which uses both tretinoin cream and hydroquinone to visibly lighten age spots as well as the fine lines and wrinkles that are due to chronic sun exposure. Obagi Skin Care systems and products have been tested and researched over many years creating a skin care treatment that is dramatically different from anything else on the market. They promote changes clearly visible both on the surface and at a structural level beneath the treated areas of the skin.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun damaged skin

+1

Find a good plastic surgeon and your skin can be treated.

Even with your dark skin, a medical grade skin care with retin A, then the appropriate chemical peels