Chemical Peel for Exfoliation - What Strength?

My face is in need of exfoliation.I used lotion on my face and it seems to have dried and almost created a 'second skin.' The dermatologist told me to use a 10% Neostrata AHA soothing cream, but it didn't help at all in removing the barrier. I have brown skin and I dont want to do a chemical peel for cosmetic purposes as i know there are complications, just to remove the barrier on my face.is there a REALY light peel that can help? Will like 5 or 10% salicylic acid peel be strong enough? Safe?

Diagnose your problem before you get a chemical peel!

+1

It seems unlikely that a reaction to lotion left a "second skin"  coating on your face.  You may actually have a skin condition, such as seborrheic dermatitis, that should be diagnosed and treated before you get a procedure such as a chemical peel.  A chemical peel should not be done on skin with an active dermatitis or rash.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Peels for rejuvenation of skin

+1

The concept of a lotion drying on your face to create a second skin is thankfully not a great concern. The skin is an amazing organ, and can withstand a lot of insults. If you feel that your facial skin is thickened or coated, then peels can help. There is no reason to be concerned about peels; if done properly and for the proper purpose, they are very safe and can rejuvenate your skin beautifully, without anyone being the wiser. Jessner's, glycolic and  salicylic acid peels are commonly done by aestheticians, while TCA, in my opinion, should be performed only by physicians.

Miami Dermatologist