Is Chemical Peel the Solution to Damaged Skin Texture from Laser?

I had facial veins removed via dornier laser by a doctor who was too aggressive for some veins under my eyes. He went well below my eyes where I had some milia and even down to my cheeks and kept going. This caused the texture of my skin to became a complete mess! Looks like the milia and pores below my skin became inflamed and there's evident tissue damage to the surface of my skin, my skin has a "scratchy" surface. Will a chemical peel fix this damage and if so, what kind of peel should I do?

We need more information

+1
As the other experts have stated, we need more information to answer your questions. I agree with Dr. Steinsapir, you need to be seen by a dermatologist if something appears to be wrong with your skin, especially if the person who treated you was not a dermatologist. We are in Laguna Niguel, nearby you in San Clemente, if you want to schedule an appointment to be evaluated.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Whoa Nelly!

+1

Jika

First, have you allowed yourself to be reassessed by the doctor who treated you in the first place?

Second, how much time has elapsed?  Did you just have service?  Do you need time to heal?

You have not send any photos but really what you need is a good dermatologist.  You might consider seeing Kimberly Butterwick, M.D. in La Jolla.

Knowing the specs of the laser is important to assess problems

+1

I am sorry to hear about your experience.  I could only find one Dormier laser that would be remotely appropriate for veins around the eye.  While it is not necessarily inapprorpiate to go onto the face, without any pictures I cannot tell you if there is something to worry about.  Sometimes the laser heat will cause swelling in the skin.  This always goes away.  Some people really swell up, but again, this is normal. 

I cannot really tell you what the scratchy feeling is, but pictures would really help.  What is the evidence of tissue damage?

Sorry, I would love to help, but a little more information would be necessary.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon