Chemical Peel to Remove Scar from Breast?

I have a small scar on my breast from a spider bite. It's not raised but it is darkly discolored. Can a Chemical peel help on such a sensitive area? If not, what can I do?

Peeling might make it worse

+1

It sounds like the inflammation from the bite has encouraged the increased pigment. You can try bleaching creams and sun avoidance to start. A scar revision might help if these non-surgical measures don't provide reasonable improvement. Give it some time (months to a year) as it might improve on its own.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

For dark scars or spots on the chest I would start with topical lightening creams

+1

It sounds like you have post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. This is usually dark pigment(melanin) left after an irritating event. I think a spider bite would certainly qualify as irritating.

For dark areas on the chest that are flat I would start with bleaching creams. If it is raised I would add cortisone either in a cream or by injection to reduce the elevation of the scar.

Good luck!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist