Slight Peel to Remove Brown Patches After IPL?

My aesthetician burned my left cheek after doing IPL. Brown patch became more noticeable after 3 weeks. She did a slight peel on my cheek. Is this safe and would this remove the brown marks on my face?

A peel may be helpful, but using a bleaching cream and waiting it out is your best treatment

+1

Unfortunately your burn left you with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels and lasers don't work particularly well for this type of hyperpigmentation. Rather, time is the best treatment, and concomitant treatment with a bleaching cream might be the best way to get this area to fade quicker.

In my experience, postinflammatory hyperpigmentation from chemical peels, lasers, and other treatments takes 1-4 months to resolve, but it does resolve (assuming no scarring has resulted).

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.