Chemical Peel or Laser Treatment for Someone in the Tropics?

I am a 38-year-old female. I live in the tropics and am constantly exposed to the sun, even in my house. In the last few years, I have noticed that my normally ivory completion is now uneven, and I have red splotches on my chin and neck even though I use sunscreen religiously. I have tried to cover it up with all types of makeup, but haven't had success. Will a chemical peel or laser treatment do more harm that good here in the tropics, where its impossible to avoid the sun?

Sun is always concerning

+1

You are correct to be ware of invasive skin resurfacing and sun exposure. It would be best to wait until the winter and then limit your time outdoors. It can be safely done but extreme diligence against sun exposure must be taken.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical Peel or Laser for Someone Living in the Tropics

+1

You can have good success with a lighter peel like 10% TCA or mild laser like Erbium. However the sun exposure issue is critical. You will have to get in the habit of wearing sunscreen and hats every day to avoid direct sunlight.

If you want to be very cautious you can start off with just a bleaching cream like Triluma and if that does not give you the desired result then proceed with laser or peel.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.