I Had a Chemical Peel On My Legs and Now Have Hyperpigmentation. What Can I Do?

i had my legs chemically peeled first week of august and they applied 2 coats of the solution. the following day i came back and there were dark areas of my legs that seemed to be burned due to the application,it healed after almost 3 weeks. but my legs didn't entirely peeled off,and there are dark pigmentation. the doctor said that i need to spend a lot of time on water,which i did but it's still the same. how can i remove it faster??

Treating PIH

+1

You are developing a post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  Treatment for this type of problem includes the use of hydroquinone 4 to 8 %, Kojic acid, Retin-A, Topical steroid creams.  You can expect it to take up to 10 weeks for the pigmentation to clear. 
Also available from a compounding pharmacy is Klingman's formula which is a mixture of all of the above chemicals.

Chemical peel and hyperpigmentation

+1

First, sun protection is paramount, to prevent the pigmentation from getting darker.  Higher-SPF sunscreen is advised and should be worn daily.  Second, a dermatologist may prescribe topical bleaching agents such as hydroquinone 4% cream to apply to the dark areas at night to help lighten the dark spots.  Other lightening agents include arbutin, kojic acid, and retinoid creams.

Kristel D. Polder, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon