Is Chemical Peel Harmful to Moles?

I want to use TCA for my moles, they occured after sun exposure and they're all flat,small and round like freckles. I want to get rid of them because it seems that they increase. I want to use TCA chemical peel but I cant be certain if it'll dangerous or not. I dont want to have skin cancer, melanoma. Can I use TCA without worry or is it harmful to moles? Thanks in advance.

Chemical peels to lighten moles

+1

Thank you for your question. A series of chemical peels will lighten moles and freckles but the result of this is only temporary and they will come back when you are exposed to the sun. Peels will not cause a mole to turn cancerous but I would recommend going to your dermatologist to get your moles checked out prior to treating them.

- Best wishes

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peels for moles

+1

Chemical peels may temporarily lighten a mole, but will not have any lasting effect. Are you sure they are moles and not a lentigo or ephelides? Have your dermatologist review the spots to make sure none of them are skin cancer or require a biopsy. The peel itself is not particularly harmful to a mole, but lasering a mole theoretically could be dangerous.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical peels typically don't harm moles.

+1

Flat dark moles can be lightened up with chemical peels but is temporary. They always come back and faster with a lot of sun exposure. The chemical peels won't hurt the moles or make them turn cancerous. Often it takes a few peels to lighten them up enough to make a difference. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for moles

+1

A TCA peel would not remove a typical mole.  The chemical would not penetrate deep enough to remove the pigment of the mole.  If the discoloration you have is not a mole and more superficial in nature, then it is possible that a TCA peel could help.  The TCA would not be harmful to the mole if it were placed over it, but it would not remove the mole.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon