Chemical Peels for Freckles?

I have tried lemon juice but I just dont have time to apply it all the time. Do chemical peels work and which ones are the best? What's the best treatment for freckles?

Light peels are okay for freckles, but have to be repeated

+1

Light chemical peels will help fade freckles but they will need to be repeated to maintain the effects. You could start really light with Glycolic acid and move up depending upon how your skin tolerates it.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peels for freckles

+1

Laser and chemical peels can both be very effective for reducing freckles. If you have normal to oily skin, consider a 10% TCA peel. If you have very dry skin, consider a 50-70% Glycolic acid peel. As far as lasers, many laser/light devices are effective, including the IPL/fotofacial, Q-switched 1064/532 laser, Alexandrite, V-beam and several others. Consult with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine the best individualized approach for you.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist