Chemical Peel for Acne?

i have a LOT of red marks on my cheeks only, i do still breakout but lets say that 99% of my face is based on red marks from acne, it really puts me down, and i feel really depressed,i cry everyday, i just want it gone, and i would like to know if chemical peels, would get rid of them, and what type of chemical peel is best for red marks? And oh, i reaaaally want to know about medium depht chemical peels, do they give quicker results than superficial ? thanks a lot !

Chemical Peel for Acne?

+1

Im very sorry to hear about your concern but there are a variety of different treatments you can do. Yes chemical peel will help you clear up the active acne. I recommend salicylic acid, we carry anywhere from 20% to 70%, I suggest having a consultation to see how sensative you skin may be and we can go from there. Trying using home treatments also cleanser, toner,spot treatment, etc with salicylic or benzoyl peroxide

Cynergy or V-beam laser for red marks from acne

+1

Unfortunately, chemical peels are not very helpful for red marks. The ideal treatment is with a vascular laser such as Cynergy and V-Beam. If this is not available in your area, depending on your skin type, you may benefit from IPL treatment's. It is also important to bring your acne under control to limit the amount of acne scarring.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Extensive red spots from acne usually needs a short coarse of prednisone to help it out.

+1

Acne scars are so traumatic to patients and when they have those persistent red spots, the thing i find most effective is to treat them with prednisone for a week or so and then several chemical peels or blu u treatments. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Rx for Red Scars

+1

I would suggest NDYag laser for help with red scars. I think that chemical peeling is too superficial to be of benefit for a red scar ( which is located in the dermis--ie lower level of the skin)

Hope this helps you!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologist

Chemical peel not too beneficial for acne scarring.

+1

It is hard to give you an answer without a photograph or an examination but I would not think that a chemical peel would give you an acceptable result.    If you are looking for improvement then consider a fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing using a system like SmartSkin or SmartXide.  Since acne scarring is deeper into the dermis a deeper treatment is needed.