Will a Chemical Peel Fade the Chemical Burn I Have on the Back of my Arm?

I got surgery and they didnt know i was allergic to iodine so i now how a chemical burn on the back of my arm. surgery was 4 years ago. the scar is red and raised. I am white and in my twenties.

Chemical peel for a chemical burn

+1

I doubt that a chemical peel will be of benefit to you. I'd speak with your dermatologist about the best treatment options which likely include a combination of a vascular laser and intralesional steroids to bring down the thickness, and reduce the redness.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical burn

+1

A chemical peel to a long-standing chemical burn scar is unlikely to be beneficial.  A combination of intralesional cortisone injections and treatment with a vascular laser may be beneficial.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist is suggested.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist