Chemical Peel for Enlarged Pores or Pits?

I am an African american female, 41 years of age and a pack a day smoker. Within the last 2 months, I have noticed little tiny holes on my face. I dont know if they're oversized pores or pits. They appear on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, and are larger in the mornings. I've never had a problem with acne. With my skin type, Can a chemical peel help my problem?

Please stop smoking

+2

The best thing you can do for yourself and your appearance is quit smoking. I am sure I don't need to tell you that this is much easier said than done. Smoking is one of the most addictive substances known to man. It is amazing that it is legal when you consider how this habit destroys peoples lives and well being. There are a number of websites now that have resources for quitting. The best methods involve setting a date to quit and remember to give yourself permission to feel rotten for about 3 weeks.

Yes the smoke is full of free radicals that are highly damaging to the collagen and elastin in the skin. This will make your pore look much larger. Laser resurfacing and chemical peeling don't really make pores look smaller. At best they are neutral on pore size. Given the color of your skin, these types of procedures can actually be quite damaging to your complexion. So best advice is to stop damaging the skin: Stop Smoking. It will be the single most important thing you can do for your health and beauty.