Chemical Peel for Pigmentation from Squeezing Pimples?

I have hyperpigmentation from squeezing pimples on my face and I want to get rid of the spots. Would a chemical peel help? I don't have acne, just pimples that come sometimes.

Chemical Peels for pimples

+1

Chemical peels are great options to clear up hyperpigmentation.  If it is superficial hyperpigmentation then Jessner peels are a nice solution to this challenge because the salicylic in the solution also help to keep your skin clear, so it's a 2-fold treatment.  The peels should be done in a series, 2-3 weeks apart, and you can also discuss being on a skin lightening regimen at home to maintain your results (like 4% Hydroquinone, or Kojic Acid).  Sunscreen is a most important part of this process since we are dealing with hyperpigmentation, and the chemical peels can make your skin more sun-sensitive.  Good luck!

Aurora Plastic Surgeon

A few Jessner's peels do great for the hyperpigmentation from acne

+1

Jessner's 14% chemical peels do great for post inflamatory hyperpigmentation from acne. Usually you do 1 every 2 weeks for a series of 3-4 @ $175 each. Wear a sunscreen and use a mild cortisone lotion if you become red or irritated and then do 1 every 3-4 months forever to keep your skin clear and wrinkle free.

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peels for Hyperpigmentation

+1

Hi Cynthia.  Chemical peels could definitely help improve the hyperpigmentation.  It will also help with your pimples.  I suggest a series of 4 peels and them maintenance peels every 3-4 months.

Toronto Dermatologist