Chemical Peel for Dark Lines on Carribean Skin?

I am a Black Caribbean, and I'm wanting to know if Chemical Peel would work for me and if so what type?

I am dark skinned with really dark lines under and around me eyes which cause a patchy effect. I use camouflage cream at the moment to blend the dark patches to the colour of my complection.

Chemical Peel for Dark Carribean Skin

+2

Not a good idea. The risks of a chemical peel increase in Black skin.

YOu should instead use strict sun protection, quality skin care and prescription bleaching cream like Triluma.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depending on how dark your skin is, I would be conservative

+1

Dark skin can become darker after a chemical peel or laser and therefore you need to be careful. One peel that might work for you is the Cosmelan pigment peel which is a combination of botanicals and retinol to help dark areas.

I would also agree with careful use of sunscreens including ones with titanium dioxide in them in those areas where the dark lines are most prominent. I'd wear a hat and use topical lightening creams.

Good Luck!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Chemical peels are definitely a good option

+1

I agree with my colleagues that most treatments in darker complected individuals due have higher risks. However, superficial peels is a good option in treating discoloration issues like melamsa and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in darker skin patients. I have treated all skin types safely and effectively. However, I do think it is very important to find physicians who are well trained and educated in the treatment of darker skin and pigment issues.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist