Broken Capillaries After TCA Peel

I had a TCA chemical and am on day 4 of recovery. My skin is very red and tender where the skin has peeled off which I expected. I do however have several patches of broken capillaries which I did not have prior to the peel.

Should it be expected that these will go away once healing is complete or will I be stuck with them? Is there any thing I can be doing now to assist in the healing process overall. I am currently applying emu oil. Thanks!

REdness after TCA peel - Vbeam laser

+1

These broken capillaries usually will subside with time.  If you would like a quicker response, try the VBEam laser to eliminate the redness. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

TCA chemical peel and recovery

+1

Being just 4 days post a 30% TCA (tricholoracetic acid) chemical peel,  I would expect your skin to still be raw and red.  It is not unusual to have areas of broken capillaries, especially if your skin is thin, fair, and/or delicate. This should improve over then next several weeks.  Keep your skin well moisturized and protect your skin from sun exposure in this early post TCA peel recovery period.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon