Can a Chemical Peel and Topical Numbing Agent Cause Facial Burns if Done Consecutive ?

Moderate chemical peel on my face,& on my eyelids/scars on Wednesday, Thursday I had my permanent eyeliner done. 1st the topical did not work at all and she had to stop and put more topical on. The topical wore off within the hour. Within 12 hours my face were the topical had been applied had 1st & 2nd degree burns. A freak thing or a combination of 2 chemicals?

Reaction between chemical peel and topical numbing?

+1

Anything is possible, although this is not likely. It is more likely that you had a contact dermatitis to the topical medicine. I urge you to see your dermatologist or the physician who performed the peel for you so that you can have the contact dermatitis treated. Doing so early and aggressively will lessen the likelihood of long-term changes. In the future, you should allow some time between procedures to give the best possibility of healing.

Miami Dermatologist