Chemical Peel After Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty

Is it safe to have a chemical peel 5 weeks after a chin implant and 7 months after a rhinoplasty? I want blackheads squeezed out. Would it do any damage to my nose job? Is it too soon? Thanks.

Chemical Peel 5 weeks after a chin implant

+1

Its not a good idea. You should wait for at least 3 months. If you are concerned about blackheads then start monthly microdermabrasion. That is safe and effective.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Its not too soon

+1

7 months after rhinoplasty is not too soon to have a chemical peel. 5 weeks after the chin implant might be slightly soon as causing more inflammation and swelling can contribute to dark brown spots (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation), especially in dark pigmented individuals.

Check with your surgeon for his/her recommendations, but if your facialist is gentle, you should be fine.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon