Chemical Peel After Botox

Can I get chemical peel two weeks after I had Botox (on the frown line between eyes only)?

Light Chemical Peels and Botox can be done on the same day

+3

We often have patients come in for their salicylic acide peels for pigmentation or acid and decide to have botox on the same day.  It should be fine to get a peel 2 weeks after a Botox treatment.  Good luck!

Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical following Botox® is perfectly fine!

+3

Having a chemical peel following a Botox treatment is perfectly fine. There should be no problems assuming you go to someone with significant training and experience in both.

Thanks for your question.

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely

+2

Chemical peels are commonly done after a Botox treatments.  Good Luck. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

Yes

+2

There is no problem with having a chemical peel 2 weeks after receiving a Botox treatment. In fact it is possible that the areas of your face that were treated with Botox may have an even greater improvement with a chemical peel because the dynamic wrinkles (wrinkle of expression) will not be forming as the chemical peel heals. This has been proven to be the case with laser skin resurfacing and Botox. A medium depth chemical peel probably would have the same type of improvement with Botox.

As with all treatments the key is matching the correct treatment with the problem. If the problem is wrinkles from movement, Botox is best. If the problem is deep permanent lines, fillers like Juvederm or Restylane are the way to go. If you are looking for an improvement in fine lines, general skin texture and completion, various chemical peels (or laser resurfacing) is the most helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chemical Peel Two Weeks After Botox

+2

Hi MD,

You may have a chemical peel after Botox. After Botox injections patients are advised to avoid lying down for at least 3 hours as a precaution to avoid inadvertent spread of Botox to the upper eye lids. Certainly two weeks after Botox there is no contraindication to a chemical peel.

In fact, I prefer to treat my patients with Botox about one week before a peel or Fraxel laser treatment because research has shown that skin heals better after these treatments if the skin does not move.

Good luck and be well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sure

+2

MD2MJS,

There is no contraindication to having a chemical peel two weeks after Botox. In fact, we often perform peels concurrently with Botox injections. Just make sure that you are going to a qualified doctor.

David Shafer, MD

Chemical peel after Botox

+1
Yes, in fact it is very common for patients to undergo a Botox treatment and have routine peels. I would recommend that first a peel be performed which is then followed by the Botox treatment. If you do it in reverse then waiting 2 weeks is optimal.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Chemical Peel After Botox

+1

Yes, there is no contraindications with receiving these two treatments on the same day. These two treatments actually compliment each other as they are reducing fine lines.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can have them done together or separate!

+1

As you asked, you can either have the superficial chemical peel two weeks after Botox or at the same time. Botox effects will usually be seen by week two. If the wrinkles are very deep. Than other fillers or deeper peels may be needed as well.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical Peels after Botox?

+1

We commonly perform chemical peels before or after Botox injections, especially when they are spaced as far apart as 2 weeks.  There are no issues with this combination of treatments.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD