Chemical Peel Advice for Back Acne Marks?

I have a lot of brown and purple/red marks on my back from acne and I would really like to get rid of them and am contemplating doing a TCA peel at home. (I have done several peels at home before.) However, I can't find much information for peeling the body. For the back, is it better to use a lower strength and do more layers or use a higher strength and just do one layer? Or is there a different answer that you would suggest to get rid of these dark marks? The acne itself is basically gone.

+1

I wouldnt suggest doing your own chemical peels at home, I've seen too many mistakes happen (burns, hyperpigmentation, blisters, rashes). I recommed seeing your medical provider for long lasting SAFE results.

Chemical peels for back

+1

There is a big difference between home peels and medical grade peels. Best to have your dermatologist assess your skin and decide whether peels are the best option for you, or perhaps some medicated creams or fractionated laser resurfacing. That said, medical-grade and strength TCA peels should be fairly helpful, and I certainly wouldn't advise self-application even if somehow you could obtain them. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Melarase and MelaPeels for dark pigmentation of the skin - Los Angeles

+1

We begin treatment with Melarase creams followed by MelaPeel treatments every month to correct the pigmentation on the skin. Chemical peels, including the MelaPeel, work well. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS