Chemical Peel for Acne Scars on Dark Skin?

Hi, I have dark skin and would like to do a Chemical Peel. I have never done this before but have excessive acne scarring and dark circles. Can you tell me what product(s) I need to purchase and what %, etc. I need? Thanks!!

Get professional help for acne and acne scars on brown skin

+1

First of all, if you are concerned about acne scars, then you must first address your acne. This is best done with the help of a board-certified dermatologist.  Chemical peels are an excellent addition to acne medicine, especially for the scars (do you have actual scars--holes--or blemishes--brown spots)?

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Chemical peels at home?

+1

I wouldn't make this a do it yourself project. Please visit a board certified dermatologist in your area who has experience treating brown skinned patients. There isn't a "recipe" that is good for everyone. Think about it. If it were that simple, there wouldnt be so many products on the market. A good dermatologist will come up with a plan tailored to your skin type and your needs.

Many times I will have patients come in for a chemical peel and they really don't have their acne under control. That should be Job One and then the peel can be used to address the scarring.

Good luck to you!

Washington DC Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.