Can I Do a Chemical Peel 10 Months After Fractional CO2 Laser ?

I have a Fair Indian Skin maybe Skin Type-4. I did the Fractional C02 laser 10 Months back which left back Post Laser Hyper-Pigmentation. My entire Hyper-Pigmentation is gone except about 2% to 5% is still remaining (Very Negligible) I was planning to do a Peel on my face to improve the texture and colour of my skin. Mine is an extremely sensitive skin. This is gonna be a combination of PHA’s and AHA’s. Will the peel aggrevate my left 5% Hyper-Pigmentnation and react with it to look more worse ?

Chemical Peels

+1

Thank you for your question. You should be seeing advise from a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has expertise in treating ethnic skin, and is familiar with pretreatment  practices of the skin prior to a skin treatment.  Failure to adequately pretreat the skin can result in unusual pigment formation on your face and worsening of your condition. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Chemical Peel 10 Months After CO2 Laser in Skin Type 4

+1

Given that you still have some hyperpigmentation from the CO2 treatment you did 10 months ago, I would only do very conservative light peeling on your skin at this point. You don't want to risk making the hyperpigmentation worse. So start out slowly and lightly and see how your skin handles it. Make sure to be very careful with the sun and to use gentle skin products when recovering from the peel. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD