What are the chemical effects on Radiesse by MRI electromagnetic waves.

Whether nasal folds filled with Radiesse will be affected with the molecular level heat that 3T powerful MRI machines' generate? Effects such deformation or chemical changes in Radiesse.

Radiesse not affected by MRI

+1
Radiesse is composed of particles of calcium which should not be affected by MRI electromagnetic waves.  Call and ask you MRI technician prior to your scan.

MRI after Radiesse to nasolabial folds

+1

An MRI should not affect a Radiesse treatment that was done to the nasolabial folds.  You should go ahead with your MRI if needed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am not aware of any contraindications of MRI following Radiesse treatment of the nasolabial folds. The main risks of MRI involve scanning people who have metal implants or medical devices that have the potential to move under the force of the MRI magnet.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon