Chemical Burn, or Normal Healing After Salicylic Acid? (photo)

I used 17% slicyclic acid yesterday to try to remove a sunspot on my face. I left it on 10 minutes. It turned white. I washed it off, and the sunspot is now 10x darker. It is not raised. It does not hurt. It feels like normal skin to the touch, but is dark brown with a slight reddish tint. Is this a stage of the normal healing process before it starts to peel? I'm so scared it's going to stay like this!!

Chemical Burn, or Normal Healing After Salicylic Acid?

+1

Very hard to respond to your self treating over the internet. It appears as a first degree burning that will "peel" after a few days. Best to seek in person opinion from a doctor.