Chemical Brow Lift Via Botox; Dysport Vs Botox?

Hello, I recently had the "chemical brow lift" and loved it. I'm not sure how many units were used, but I would guess around 40 ish based on price. However, some doctors offer botox "per area" , would this be considered 2 areas? I recently had the "chemical brow lift" and loved it. What areas should I make sure they inject, also want to avoid "droop". In a chem brow lift, is the glabella involved? I usually do 20 units Glab, and 10 Frontalis, I know the Chem brow lift is ttly different.

Botox can provide a chemical brow lift

+1

chemical brow lilfts do not elevate as much as surgery. Botulinum toxin, whether Botox cosmetic brand, Dysport or Xeomin, all can relax the depressor muscles of the glabella region between the eyebrows and the outer eyebrow area. The unopposed elevating muscles of the forehead (frontalis) can then pull up on the lower forehead. The number of units vary from patient to patient.

Keep in mind that if the upper forehead is treated, and especially if the mid forehead is treated for horizontal lines, then gain of lift from the chemical brow lift is lessened as the forehead will drop a little from treatment of the frontalis.

Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin Work Well For Chemical Browlifts

+1

Chemical browlifts are quick and easy to perform and generally result in quite gratifying results. Any of the three available neuromodulators, Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, may be used for this purpose, although I prefer Dysport, which I feel lasts a bit longer  than the results with either of the other two. Treating physicians may charge by the unit or by the area.

In general, chemical browlifts consist of treating the outer portion of the eyebrow area, to lift and restore the natural upward and outeward flare of the eyebrows, and the scowl line region between the brows to prevent the downward pull of the inner third of the eyebrows.. Sometimes, the crow's feet may also be included to improve the eye unit as a whole, especially if they are prominent when smiling. In the hands of an experienced injector who is careful and precise about injection placement, the results are pleasing, consistent, and there is little chance of brow dropping  (ptosis). 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox brow lift

+1

Both Botox and Dysport can be used for the brow lift.  It is considered one treatment area.  The number of units injected in various areas depends on the individual.  If you have treatment with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it would be unusual to have a droop.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Dysport are very similar

+1

Either product can be used for a chemical brow lift. Tell your specialist what specifically you are looking for and he or she will estimate the amount needed. (the units are not interchangeable between botox and dysport - but the results should be about the same).

You might expect to see 3 or more months of enhancement from one treatment.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical brow lift

+1

A chemical brow lift can be achieved by injecting either Botox or Dysport. You can create a  "flared," "arched," or "horizontal" lift, (dependent upon placement) by a skilled and well-trained injector. That is the key to ensuring you get the look you're expecting. It's hard to know how many units it will take to achieve this, until you are assessed. Placing a neurotoxin in the forehead or frontalis in excessive amounts, or too close to your brow specifically, can result in brow heaviness.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and Dysport both can provide a good browlift

+1

Botox and Dysport are nearly interchangeable and both can provide a good browlift.  Brow elevation is best when the glabella and crow's feet are treated.  However, brow elevation does occur when either of these areas are treated alone.  Treatment of the horizontal forehead lines, on the other hand, has a tendency to lower the brow or to negate the browlift provided by glabella or crow's feet injections.  We tailor our treatment for each patient, however, routinely we administer 25 units of Botox (50 of Dysport) to the galbella and 12.5 of Botox (25 of Dysport) units to either crow's feet for a total of 50 units (100 units) in order to get the most reliable brow lift. 

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for chemical brow lift

+1

You can get a similar result by using Botox or Dysport as far as a chemical brow lift. Typically 20-36 units are used in the glabella (depending on the strength of the muscle - even higher dose in men). Frontalis is often 10-18 units, while a lateral brow lift involves 3-4 units at the outer edge of each brow. Ensure that you go to a Botox expert such as a dermatologist and you will have excellent results and would likely never have a brow or eyelid droop. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon