What Chemical Peel is Best for Large Pores?

What chemical acid peel is best for very large Pores? Like Glycolic or Sysclic

Salicylic is the way

+1

Pores are genetically numbered and their size increases with time as we age. Any peel would decrease their size. The best is to undergo salicylic peels every 6 weeks or so and use a topical retinoid for it. It is also important to have a dermatologist see your skin as they are the skin specialist and will guide you to proper management and care of your case.

Dubai Dermatologist

Most peels give only temporary improvements to large pores.

+1

Any peel you do is going to be helpful since most improvements from peels for pore size is only temporary.  Salicyclic acids tend to be easy and available to help with acne as well.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Salicylic acid my favarite

+1

Just about any peel will temporarily minimize the appearance of large pores, but my favorite is salicylic acid because it is lipophilic, meaning it concentrates in those large pores. In addition, it is more anti-inflammatory, so it actually makes rosacea better (glycolic worsens rosacea in my opinion) and SA peels are perfectly safe for skin of color. It also helps active acne. I love it because it multi-tasks and is very safe. Repeated treatments are needed to maintain the results.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

The answer is "none of the above"

+1

Chemical peels and laser resurfacing procedures at best are neutral on pore size.  Generally after these procedures, the pore may look a little larger but this settles down at the skin calms down.  The only procedure I am aware of that does a reasonable job of making pore look smaller is IPL or Fotofacial. These procedures do not breakdown the skin surface and this may be why they are helpful to making the pores look smaller.