Cheeks are still swollen after two weeks after fat transfer. Is this normal? (photo)

I look like a chipmunk. I'm wondering what can I do to help them go down? I'm afraid they're going to stay this way

At two weeks after a fat transfer you can still have some significant swelling.

+1

Most people get pretty swollen with a fat transfer to the cheeks, and we overcorrect since a % of the fat will get resorbed. This will slowly diminish over the first couple of months, and usually even by 3-4 weeks you should look pretty good. So be patient. I have my patients use warm compresses as I think that this helps speed up the healing.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post-operative edema following fat transfer

+1

I assure you, the edema will diminish. Post-operative swelling is expected, especially with a fat transfer. At 3-4 months following the procedure, you will have a good indication of the ultimate outcome. The swelling at two weeks post-op is within normal limits.