My Cheeks and Above my Lip Have Gradually Swelled 1 Year After Fraxel

This has been gradual over 1 or 2 months, but my face is looking thick and different. Is this a late effect from the Fraxel treatment?

Swelling of the face may not be delayed reaction from Fraxel

+1

I am not aware of any of my patients developing a delayed swelling one year after Fraxel.  When I see significant collagen deposition in the dermis which helps the acne scars I treat, I don't see generalized swelling. There may be some other condition that exists for which you should see a dermatologist. Possibly you started using a topical regimen after the Fraxel laser treatment to help maintain your good rejuvenating result and it is this cream to which you might be reacting.

Not from Fraxel

+1

Have you ever had any fillers in the perioral region? While unlikely to cause what you describe, it would be more likely than Fraxel. See your dermatologist for full evaluation.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist