Cheeks implants but area under my cheeks is very hollow: Can Voluma be injected under my cheeks?

Can Voluma be injected under my cheeks?

+1
Dear chayak, thank you for your question. Injectable fillers can be used to enhance facial volume, correct lines and depressions, and rejuvenate the face without surgery. Some common fillers used in our San Diego practice include restylane, juvederm, perlane, voluma, radiesse, and sculptra. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon injector to review your options. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hollows under cheeks with implants are not best treated with Voluma

+1
Voluma is a very dense filler that actually works best to create the fullness of the cheeks that your implants have created.  For this reason, I would not inject Voluma around the implants.  Not that I am worried about injuring the implants, rather, the Voluma will just make the areas appear fuller and may make the hollow areas look worse.  The areas of the midcheek below the implants is best addressed with a filler like Sculptra, which can act more like a "thickener" or a "carpet pad" as opposed to a volumizer or implant.  Each filler has its own strengths and weaknesses, and while I love Voluma for certain things, for things like this where I really need more of an even thickness as opposed to mass, Sculptra works very well.  Best of luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Voluma and cheek implants

+1
I would not inject juvederm voluma or filler around the implants due to risk of hitting an implant while injecting. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't Fill Hollow Lower Cheeks with Voluma

+1
Patients with cheek implants already in place can supplement their facial volume with Voluma injected around  the implant -near the "cheek bone" but for lower cheek augmentation I believe Sculptra or a transplant of your own fat are superior to Voluma. Voluma has an elasticity that makes it difficult to mold smoothly in the lower cheek and it may give an uneven contour to your lower cheek .Sculptra can be easily molded to give you a smooth contour or transplanting your own fat is also a good option but the procedure is more involved and  the recovery is longer.

'

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek implants and Voluma

+1
Many people elect to have filler added along with cheek implants. I would suggest you seek an experienced injector, who is also experienced with fillers and implants, because manipulation and injection in this area is even more of an art. Yes, it can be done. But it needs to be done by an experienced physician.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1
Voluma is often injected in the submalar area which is the hollow under the cheekbone. A small hollow here is normal but if the hollow is excessive or creates a gaunt look it can be filled with Voluma (2 year result) or a submalar implant (permanent result). I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon