Why Do my Cheeks and Eyes Look Different After Osteotomy and Rhinoplasty?

I had a osteotomy and my "bony base " narrowed and a small tip reduction. Now everyone keeps saying my cheeks looks puffy and like I had cheek implants. My concern is...I had puffy cheeks always before, but since the Dr. Narrowed those bones, now will my cheeks and eyes stay looking different. Or are my cheeks swollen still?? Im 19 days post op. Also, I begged my dr not to narrow it too much and I feel he did, Im devastated :( My wedding is in September and I dont wanna look bad.

Rhinoplasty 19 days post-op

+1

Almost 3 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery is way to soon to evaluate anything. The puffiness should get better.

Facial Changes after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible to evaluate your surgical result 19 days after rhinoplasty. In varying degrees, swelling of your cheeks and relative changes in the appearance of your eyes are possible and frequent at this time. You will see significant changes over the next 4-6 weeks. Be patient and share your concerns with your surgeon.

Cheek swelling is commonly seen within 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If you had a lot of bruising and swelling after your Rhinoplasty Surgery, it's not uncommon to have some persistent swelling at this stage of the game.  You should certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon for reassurance. Most post-surgical swelling will be gone by your wedding. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon