Which Area of my Cheeks Should Be Filled?

My cheeks look puffy when I smile, but they lack firmness when I don't. It seems like they would need a augmentation but I am not sure about which area. I am considering fat grafting. I am also posting my photo for your reference. Could you give me some advice regarding the spot where the filler should be?

Facial Contouring

+2

Dear Gabriela, it is difficult to determine your areas of concern for facial contouring.  Photos at rest (not smiling) and several angles will help determine the shape change you may want.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Hard to say with this photo

+2

Hello Gabriella,

Thank you for the excellent question and included photo. Unfortunately since you are smiling, the muscles and overlying fat that make up your cheeks are "active" and it is therefore hard to tell what your cheeks are like at rest.

Whenever considering any form of cheek augmentation (fat grafting, fillers, cheek implants, midface lift) it is important to take into consideration all of the anatomy present in the cheek area - bone, muscle, fat and overlying skin. It is best to see this area at rest (meaning not smiling or moving the face) in order to determine what, if any, cheek augmentation procedure would be indicated.

Could you possibly submit another photo with your face at rest and seen from the front and side views?

Kamran Jafri, MD

No where

+1

You state that your cheeks are fine when you smile but not when you don't smile. So a picture with you not smiling would have been better. Your cheeks look fine in this picture. You're clearly very young with nice skin and good facial fullness. I think you should wait several years before considering surgery.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon