Will Cheeklift or Filler in Cheek Improve Eye Hollows?

I have severe eye hollows all the way around. Can I just get filler in cheek so that it may improve my orbital rim?? Will this work?

Cheek Lift

+2

For enhancement of the cheek bone area, I rely exclusively on structural fat grafting. Careful and meticulous fat grafting not only avoids some of the potential complications of solid cheek implants, but it also allows more precise 'customization' of the aesthetic improvement that can be obtained for each individual patient. It is also my opinion that structural fat grafting produces a more natural-appearing enhancement of the cheek area than what is generally achieved through the placement of solid implants over the cheekbone.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift or filler?

+2

Depends on problem, need photos from 3 angles.  A well done extensive cheek-smas lift will lift tissue into you orbital zone area and help with the hollow definitely.  At times this solves the problem.  A simultaneous fat transplant can be useful.  Yes fat works.  You do need to start with twice the amount so 50% survives and a result worthwhile results.  Filler also helps and I love Juvederm.  This is a little tricky and takes experience so do 3 consutations with ABPS-FACS surgeon in reputable facilities.  My best.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift and Fillers helpful for Lower Lid Hollow

+1

Without clear photos from different vantage points or examining you, it is hard to tell. In general however both fillers and a cheek lift are helpful to relieve hollowing beneath your lower lids. Sometimes both are required.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Filler in the cheeks can improve your under eye hollows

+1

Fillers or fat injections can work to improve your hollows. This is better and more natural than cheek lift or lower eye lift.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Cheeklift or Filler in Cheek Improve Eye Hollows...

+1

Fat injection works great for hollowing around the eyes.  It is very simple to go through under local anesthesia and can be very long lasting.  Surgery is often performed in combination with fat injection.  A cheeklift can lift the cheek tissues which can also improve the appearance of hollowing and usually works great with fat injection.  Be sure to see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation..  

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheeklift or Filler to Improve lower eyelid Hollows

+1

Depending on the amount of skin laxity in the lower eyelid and cheek and the quality and thickness of the over lying tissue, one could consider either a midface lift, fat transfers, injectable fillers, as well as a possible blepharoplasty.  If the condition is more severe, it may require a combination of these options.  Get an opinion from at least two board certified plastic surgeons who routinely perform facial rejuvenation surgery.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift can improve lower lid hollows

+1

Mid face or cheek lift can improve lower lid hollows, though for most we combine fat grafts over the rim and lower lid for a youthful transition from lid to cheek. You can just get a filler, though we prefer fat as it gives the most natural and lasting contour in the lower lid. Hyluronic gel fillers such as Restylane will hold water as they are 'hydrophilic' substances. In the lid this can mean puffy so skillful placement is a must.

peterejohnsonmd

Cheek lift and lower eyelids

+1

Generally speaking, a cheek or midface lift should help restore some volume to the lower eyelids.  It may result in excess skin which may need to be removed but decreases the risk of complications associated with lower lid surgery.  I have published on this topic.  Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Samer W. Cabbabe, M.D.

Board - Certified Plastic Surgeon

Saint Louis Plastic Surgery Consultants

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift or fillers?

+1

This really depends on your specific problem and anatomy. If you have descended cheeks, then a cheek lift may help. Otherwise, a filler can be considered. Since a photo is not available, it is hard to give specific recommendations.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

Fillers can improve eye hollowness. Fillers can be used in the upper and lower lids as well as to the cheecks.

Fillers to the cheecks only may increase the hollow eye syndrome. Therefore we need to look at the upper and lower lid, the boney structure of the periorbital area.

Fat transfer is a better alternative and may be more cost effective. Both fillers and fat transfer are not an alternative to face lift. and require extreme expertise. For a better advise to your specific needs consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY).