Cheekbone Reduction Risks

I have a long slim face but with prominent zygomatic body and arch. I am considering cheekbone reduction but it seems to me like a major operation. May I know what are the short-term and long-term risks of this surgery? What is the chance of these risks? If any short/long term complication happens, can they be treated? Would the Korean doctors have better methods/techniques as I heard that this is very common procedure there? Thanks a lot!

Prominent cheekbones

+3

There are complex bony cheekbones to reduce the cheekbones.

You may also want to consider augmenting the areas around bony prominences with autologous fat-fascial grafts, especially if your face is very thin.

Cheek bone reduction

+2

Cheek bone reduction can be done by shaving the bone as well as performing osteotomies on the bone to change the angle. This is not a common procedure in the US.

Risk of cheek reduction surgery

+2

For the most part, this is not commonly performed in the USA except by physicians generally experienced in craniofacial surgery.

The risks short and long term are primarily related to nerve injury and secondarily to the sinus and bone healing complications with symmetry being difficult to guarantee.