Cheekbone Reduction to Get More Masculine Cheekbones?

Hi, I'm male and have very feminine cheekbones at the moment (very large and prominent). Is there a way to make them smaller and more masculine like male models? Thanks

Cheekbone Reduction Does Not Create Masculine Cheekbones

+2

While cheekbone reduction has a role to play in some ethnic faces, it would not usually be used to get the 'male model look'. I am not sure you are pursing the proper procedure for your facial objectives..or that your objectives may even be achieveable. I would suggest that you submit photos so we can see what you look like now.

+1

Aesthetically speaking there are ideal standards for male and female shaped cheeks as outlined by The Palmer Code (patent pending) and my book on the subject.  Without photos, of your face and cheeks, I am unable to see how your cheeks differ from that aesthetic ideal.  Excess facial fat will cause full and round cheeks, on young men, that are seen as femininespecially when combined with flat malar bones.  Hope this helps.

Cheekbone reduction or alteration to achieve more masculine face

+1

It is usually possible to enhance the remainder of your face and leave the cheeks alone rather than do a brutal cheekbone reduction.

If you are expecting to look like a male model and are not close to one now, it will probably not happen.

In fact, patients who seek this type of perfection and become victims of predatory doctors feeding on their insecurities often end up looking very altered.

Brent Moelleken, MD

How to get more masculine cheek bones?

+1

A picture would be helpful, as there are men (including male models) that have prominent cheek bones.  This, in itself, does not necessarily make the face more feminine or masculine.  It may be possible that there are other procedures that could help with making your face more masculine in appearance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon