Can Cheek Puffiness Be Temporary After Days of Crying?

Hello....After 2 days of intense crying and stress, I suddenly awoke with puffy upper cheeks (no darkness or puffiness under the eye, just the cheek). Can prolonged crying and stress cause the puffiness? If so, will this disappear on its own in time? I don't recognize myself. Your help is appreciated.

Puffy Cheeks

+1

Crying can absolutely cause puffy cheeks. This is caused by local edema in the area. I recommend drinking plenty of water, sleeping on a few pillows to help gravity drain the fluid, gentle massage, and cool compresses. An eye cream with caffeine or green tea can also help reduce the inflammation.