Ridge Line Lump on Cheek After a Neck and Cheek Lift

I have a ridge line/lumps on my cheek after a neck and cheek lift 3 months ago. I have been told that this is the suture line and it will go away. How long does it typically take for this to heal properly?

Ridge line lump opn cheek

+1

Lumps and bumps along the suture line MAY be normal 3 months after surgery.  But they may not be also.  It might be wise to check with your surgeon to make sure that there ius nothing going on that he might choose to treat.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek and neck lift

+1

There are sometimes palpable ridge lines on the sides of the cheeks where the tissues have been elevated to restore a youthful cheek profile. The sutures I personally use are absorbable and will be gone from 4-6 months after surgery. Massage and time are your best allies. Make sure to stay in close touch with your surgeon as they will want to help you through this process.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

No more than 6 months.

+1

You might want to get a second opinion to determine the cause. The treatment will vary as well depending on the cause. It should have lessened a great deal in the last month.