Doctor Recommendations for Cheek Micro-Liposuction

I had fat grafting to the facial area performed 8 months ago and am very dissatisfied with the results. I am seeking a surgeon that is very experienced in micro-liposuction to the upper cheek (apple and under-eye) area. Where can I find a surgeon that is skilled in this? I am willing to travel anywhere in the continental US. Please send me any/all suggestions you may have, or if you yourself specialize in such a procedure. Thanks!

Sorry to say that "micro-liposuction" is not the answer here.

+2

Dear Kara

Fat grafting can be a wonderful procedure.  However, there is no substitute for skill and judgement.  Even then, surgeons are sometimes surprised how the body heals.  After all, the surgeon does the surgery but your body does the healing.  Not all fat takes in the way we hope or expect.  The under-eye area and lips are common problem areas.  To be completely honest, I have fixed some lips with liposuction that were overfilled by other surgeons.  However the lumps after fat grafting for the lower eye generally require surgery to removed these lumps.  The fat is firmly held in place with scar tissue and can be in a variety of planes.  Liposuction, even with the smallest of cannulas does not often get the job done.  Occasionally, filling around the lumps with a hyaluronic acid filler may be chosen as a temporary alternative.  I would recommend that you consult someone with an established track record of fixing unsatisfactory midface and lower eyelid surgeries.  You will most likely need to travel to find your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Fat grafting Under the Eyelids

+1

Fat grafting under the eyelid can yield unpredictable results because only some of the fat injected survives. This will often appear lumpy or uneven. It can be a very difficult problem to correct and usually requires surgery to correct the uneven appearance. I would recommend consulting with an experienced surgeon. Good Luck.

Liposuction vs injection technique for cheek fat removal

+1

Excess subcutaneous cheek fat can be removed through either a micro-liposuction technique (small cannula) or the use of dilute steroid injections. The surgical approach can achieve its removal in one stage while the non-surgical injection approach will take a series of injections about a month apart to gradually get the result. Whether liposuction or injection is more appropriate for your cheek fat issue depends on its size and the level of precision needed to get the desired result.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/

You would benefit from laser lipo

+1

I do fat grafting to the face and I had two patients that gained  a lot of weight years after fat grafting. I have done laser lipo for them and worked great. The advantage of the laser lipo is the size of the cannula and more control over the amount of the fat removal. please send pictures. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Facial fat grafting

+1

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with fat grafting to the face.  It is very difficult to remove this with  what you describe as "micro liposuctioning."

Microliposuction and fat grafting.

+1

This is why patients need to be very careful in fat grafting the cheeks and especially around the eye. Your face is not a clay model. I have had many patients who have irregularities that I have had to try to even out with microliposuction. But the results depend on how much scar is around the area. Improvement is possible, but not perfection.

What to do with undesireable fat injections to face

+1

You may want to first consult with Dr. Sydney Coleman in NYC. He has extensive experience with fat grafting and may have some suggestions for management.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/