Cheek Lift or Fat Injection to Cheeks?

I am male 39 and can see some early signs of skin sagging on my face. The skin over cheeks is lax and there is no definition in the cheek area. I consulted a cosmetic surgeon in London who advised me that grafting fat to cheek area will be a good alternative to cheek lift. Then I visited another one who mentioned that given the amount of laxity too much fat transfer maybe required and that I would be better off with a cheek lift. What is the view of surgeons here?

Cheek lift vs fat transfer

+2

I would recommend filler injection first. This may include Juvederm or Restylane that last anywhere from 6-12 months by a physician who is very familiar with filler injection into the periorbital ( around the eyes ) areas. This will allow you to see how you would like the result and if you don't, it will go away later and can opt for the cheek lift which will bring up all the fullness you have in your lower cheek up against your lower eyes.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift or fat injections to lift the cheeks

+1

I personally have done cheek lifts and fat trasferring many times. I feel that the cheek lift doesn't give you a natural look and really doesn't do the things you want it to do. It is my opinion that this procedure is outdated and not very useful in many situations.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift or fat transfer?

+1

Great question. Obviously a good exam by a boarded plastic surgeon is necessary. I am a big proponent of fat transfer to the face for my patients. It can help with fine wrinkle lines, improve cheek structure and improve the tired appearance of the lower eyelids. 

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift vs fat grafting

+1

Ideally, a midface lift, possibly along with an upper cheek/zygoma enhancement (implant, fat transfer or injectable filler),  would probably give you the best result.  I would caution you that having fat transfer alone could result in a more puffy appearance, in the long run, which you may not like.  If you opt for cheek enhancement alone without the lift you may want to consider a shorter acting filler such as Restylane, which will resorb over time or which can be reversed with Hyaluronidase.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift versus fat injection in younger patient

+1

Looking at you photos...I would recommend a cheek lift (endoscopic mid-face lift) for the most reliable, long-lasting and NATURAL result. Fat injections can be a useful substitute if  for whatever reason you can't undergo the cheek lift.  But, my first choice would be a cheek lift by someone experienced and who performs their midface lifts without an incision under the eye.  All the best, Dr. Vartanian.

Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift vs Fat Injections

+1

Looking at one picture it appears that you have a lot of fullness in the lower cheeks. Fat injections would camouflage that, but will make your entire midface rounder. I would recommend a cheek lift.

Cheek Lift or Fat Injection to Cheeks?

+1

It is good you are doing the research, but unfortunately this can only be answered with a physical examination.  See a surgeon experienced in these procedures. 

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheeklift or fat grafting.

+1
From what you said I would usually do the cheek lift or cheek implants depending on the size of your cheeks vs. Sagging.

Cheek Lift vs. Cheek Volume Enhancement - Which Offers The Better Rejuvenating Effect?

+1

While only an actual examination can say for sure, it would be unlikely that at age 39 a cheek lift would be worth the effort and the risks associated with it. More likely, volume enhancement through fat transfer or implants would be more appropriate. Without question, however, fat injections are the easiest to do and have virtually no risk other than eventual loss of the injected fat volume.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/cheek.html

Fat graft

+1

You need a consult with a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY). To evaluate the skin quality and the face in general. You have flat chhecks and tear trough deformity. You may require both a face lift and fat transfer, depending on the look you want. Remember you have a full face adding too much fat may not be the most ideal.

Fat graft is NOT a substitute for a face lift