Cheek Lift at 20 Years Old to Correct Nasolabial Folds/smiles Lines?

want a cheek lift in order to smooth the lines around my mouth because they bother me alot. They are evident in pics and not a very appealing addition to my face. In addition i have slightly downward eyes and was wondering if it was possible to pull my eyes upward. I'm not looking for a drastic change with my eyes, just would prefer them not to be angled downward. both of my parents still have chubby cheeks in there late 40's and want to have my buccal pads removed and chin implant. Thoughts? :]

Cheeklifts are not for 20 year olds!

+3

Cheeklifts are not for 20 year olds!  You look great the way you are and you should not do any type of surgery!

No surgery needed

+3

You are better not doing any surgery as you have a nice attractive natural face and eyes.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift for 20 Year Old Lady

+2

There are multiple ways to address your concerns. A cheek lift could be done, but  there are less aggressive approaches. Fat augmentation is a long term treatment to fill your naso-labial grooves. Cheek implants should also be considered. There are pros and cons to buccal fat removal. It is difficult to evaluate your chin with the pictures submitted. You need to have a consultation with a surgeon experienced in facial aesthetic surgery to examine you and discuss all alternatives.

Cheek lift at 20 years old?!

+2

Greetings,

There's really two philosophies on treating facial lines/wrinkles: one, treating every line you have or, two, just treating the ones that make you look worse or older. Your nasolabial folds are part of you and contribute to a very aesthetically pleasing face and eyes - you look wonderful. If you insist on doing something, I'd start with an injectable dermal filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm, to make sure you really like your appearance more with no nasolabial folds. If you do, facial fat grafting would be a good option.

In terms of buccal fat pad excision, with you, less is more. Meaning, if too much is taken out, you may regret it later in life, as the natural tendency is for people to lose facial fat with aging. Your parents' chubby cheeks may be buccal fat, or could just be a sign of being overweight - I wouldn't necessarily assume the same thing will happen to you.

Hope this helps. All the best - Sam Jejurikar

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Correcting Deep Facial Folds with Fat Grafting

+2

Women in mid-years start to develope facial wrinkles and deepending of their nasolabilal folds. their cheeks might not look at full as youthful as before. Facial fat grafting offers a very natural and effective way of replenishing the lost facial volume and to soften facial features.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Cheeck lift

+2

I do not believe you need any thing. You have a beautiful face and eyes.

Unfortunately you will find some one who will do a mid face lift endoscopic or otherwise. and gine you a canthoplasty (more permanent than canthopexy) to the eyes.and remove your  cheeck fat fad.

Vertical cheek lift, canthopexy, and buccal fat removal

+2

A minimally invasive vertical cheek lift can be performed by placing small incisions inside your mouth and your temporal hariline can be used to raise your cheeks upward, provide you with additional cheek volume, and reduce your nasolabial folds or smile lines. Your round cheek appearance can also be improved through small incisions in the mouth by removing a portion of your buccal fat pads. A canthopexy or lower eyelid tightening procedure can be used to raise the level of the lower eye, but can also can the eyelid shape, thus needs to be performed very conservatively. Lastly, while your photographs are helpful, a lateral view of your chin would be more helpful in determining if an implant would be helpful. 

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Cheek lift at 20 years of age

+1
A cheek lift is not needed at age 20. Best to  leave well enough alone. Do not let anybody talk you  Into any surgery.

Cheek Lift at 20?

+1

Your pictures show a very attractive 20 year old woman who has no need for aesthetic intervention.  Please avoid cheek lift, buccal fat pad removal or any other surgical procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will find someone to cut you!

+1

However, this will prove to be the biggest mistake of your young life.  Are these photos current?  The second image you look much heavier than the other photos.  There is no surgery that will accomplish what you are looking for.  Removing buccal fat will make the cheeks look gaunt and not more attractive.  Buccal fat surgery was very popular 15 years ago.  Now we understand the importance of buccal fat volume.  Removal of the buccal fat will make the lower cheek hollow.  More important, the buccal fat support the top of the cheek and this will collapse over time as a result of this surgery.  Your desire to avoid injectables because you have to keep up with them is understandable but misplaced.  If you shaved your head, you would also save a lot of money having your hair done.  I agree with others.  Don this surgery at great risk to your natural beauty.