If You Get Cheek Implants, Can You Get Fat or Fillers over Them with No Ill Effect?

After research, I see alot of issues with cheek implants becoming infected simply after a root canal due to the local anesthesia. Will get filler with the local or fat injections with the local to plump the area over the cheek implant cause problems?

Fat or Fillers over Previous Cheek Implants

+1

I have used fat to augment the cheeks without problems for many years. There is no reason you cannot inject fat or fillersover previously placed cheek implants. There risk of infection is minimal with all of these procedures

Fillers on top of cheek implant

+1

There should be no problem placing fillers around or on top of cheek implants. An established (well healed) implant will not cause any problems from dental work. I, too prefer fillers to fat as they are more predictable, albeit not permanent.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed many cheek augmentations using Cheek Implants and the rate of infection, even with dental work, is very low.  It's wise to have 2 doses of antibiotics..one an hour before and 12 hours after any dental work to prevent bacteria from seeding the cheek, chin or breast implants IMHO.  

Having said all that, placing fillers over cheek implants should not be a problem.  using fat, IMO, is unwise as it's far less reliable than fillers or cheek implants.  Be sure that you choose a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty when having facial shaping with either fillers or implants. 

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Filler after implants

+1

The risk here is that a needle penetrating the skin could introduce bacteria that ordinarily would not be enough to cause a problem but might in the presence of an implant. Theoretically if the injection is done very sterilely and not to the depth of the implant it may be ok. It would still be high risk. The question I have for you is what are your true goals? Implants should provide enough volume that you should not need filler on top of them. If you feel you still do then maybe you ought to reassess your expectations before taking the risk.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon