Cheek Implants? (photo)

How come when I see pics of people including celebs who have gotten cheek implants they hardly ever look nice or chiseled or even natural like some the fashion models? I am interested in getting them done but is that the outcome I am going to have to expect? like puffier cheeks and no definition? I have a squar jaw and would like cheeks similar to those of bianca balti (photo attached) Im not saying I want to look like her, (as thats unrealistic) but something similar. My cheeks are very flat.

Cheek augmentation, Cheek implants

+1

Models often present with highly defined cheekbones because they have so little subcutaneous fat. 

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Cheek implants

+1

It is impossible to say whether this model has had cheek implants.  In addition to high cheek bones, she also has buccal fat pad atrophy which gives the illusion of having even higher cheek bones.  We tend to under do cheek implants so that the result does not look surgical. The main indication for placing cheek implants is to give more augmentation to a flat cheek area.  Please review our photo gallery for further examples of before and after cheek implants.

Fillers are great for cheek augmenation and can give extremely customizable results

+1

I really like using fillers for cheek augmentation for the following reasons:

1. Because you use a very small microcannula, you can also treat the transition area right under the eyes to remove shadows.
  2. You can give a patient exactly what they need, as opposed to pre-formed implants.
  3. As you age and your face changes, the fillers can be modified.
  4. There are less risks and a shorter recovery with fillers.
  5. Patients can participate and give active feedback during the treatment.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implant Results

+1

The reason models look better with almost any form of facial surgery, cheek implants included, is that they usually have a better facial form to start with (which is why they are models) and usually need a less dramatic change for improvement. It is never a fair comparison to compare results or even have as a goal a model's pictures...unless you look like them a lot to begin with. Every patient's native facial structure is different and thus off-the shelf- implants are not going to look the same in everyone.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Natural looking cheek implants.

+1

Natural looking cheek implants can be done. The trick is to select a surgeon who does these and not the ones who do artificial looking implants--choose wisely.