Cheek Implants to Help Take Away From Big Eyes? (photo)

Hi, I'm 21 years old, and feel like I need a little improvement on my over all facial features. I notice one eye is lower than the other, is there any thing that could be done to improve this? My other main concern is my eyes are so large they take away from the rest of my face, it just looks flat. Could cheek implants solve this problem? Maybe even a dermafiller? I'm looking for honest opinions. Of course I'm not looking to completely re-do my face, just improve a few things.

Cheek Implants to Help Take Away From Big Eyes?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the entire left side of the face appears smaller rhan the right with both cheeks looking a bit flat.  This isn't the best angle for facial aesthetic evaluation but Cheek Augmentation (I also suspect the chin is weak as well) would be able to create fuller more rounded and feminine cheeks using either a filler (I perfer Perlane) or Cheek Implants.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  Hope this helps. 

Facial asymmetry

+1

You have mild bony facial asymmetry with left side of your face being smaller than the right side, causing illusion of the left eye being lower.  You do not need cheek implants, although dermafillers may be considred.  Furtheremore, big eyes are actually attractive so nothing needs to be done for them.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek implants

+1

Your posted photo is shot at a downward angle and so is not very helpful. I suspect that one eye being lower than the other is due to some underlying asymmetry of the facial bones. Just putting in cheek implants will not fix the problem. You will need a face to face examination with a competent surgeon to check everything including your occlusal or dental cant. None of that can be done just by looking at a single photo shot at a bad angle. Do not let anyone recommend or do any surgery without a full assessment/examination.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

You do not need cheek implants! (Or fillers)

+1

Cheek implants will make your face look too wide. And, without more close and careful examination, I doubt you would benefit from fillers either! I'm not sure what features bother you (other than your eyes), because the photo supplied shows a beautiful young woman with fabulous eyes! Honest!

Most human beings have subtle asymmetries that actually serve to enhance appearance. If you don't believe this, have someone take a frontal photograph and use software that does mirror images of half of each side of your face. You will see just how truly weird a perfectly symmetrical face looks--from either side being mirrored! (BTW, I too have eyes that are not exactly on the same level.) Craniofacial surgery to change this is possible, but the scars and residual differences will be greater than the desired improvement, so this is not an option.

I really suspect that the most honest and ethical practitioners will seek to address the true reasons for your diminished self-esteem, as it should not be blamed on your appearance. Do not rely on the comments by others (even those that seem innocuous), as they are more often based on jealousy than a true reflection of a visible "defect."

Take the money you would have spent on fillers or cheek implants and have a great vacation! Then clink a glass to those of us who would seek to tell the truth rather than simply take your money! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants?

+1

You already have a natural beauty that is truly amazing!  However, seek a Cosmetic Surgeon who is honest, experienced & conservative.  One who will allow you to experience appropriate and useful sterile saline injections and maybe even certain facial fillers, etc.  "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!"

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

It Is So Interesting To Learn What Bothers People

+1

Wow, you have big, exotic, beautiful eyes!  That is my professional opinion. I wonder if you have been hanging out with people who are chipping away at your self-esteem.  A cheek implant will be a disaster for you.  Facial fillers?  Honestly you need nothing.  But done judiciously, there is no harm playing with a bit of this.  Be careful.  It is easy to walk into an office and be taken advantage of: "We can't let you walk around looking like this.  When do you want your cheek surgery."