Is It Normal That I'm Having Firm Round Swelling 1 Week Post-Op Cheek Implants?

7 days ago i got cheek implants. im male who has had buccal fat removal in the past. i wantd to accentuate my cheeks by adding to the cheek bone area to give me more of a chiselled look. what i would i like to know is is swelling common like in a rhiniplasty?. I look like a chipmunk and my cheeks actually look "fatter" and it almost looks like the whole cheek and buccal fat area has been fattened up. is it normal to have a firm round feeling of swelling in the area the incison was made also?

+2

Is It Normal That I'm Having Firm Round Swelling 1 Week Post-Op Cheek Implants?  I have performed many cheek augmentations using cheek implants over the past 20 years and the swelling typically goes down within the first month...or more precisely the majority of the swelling typically decreases the first 1-2 weeks and then continues for 3 months.  If you're concerned, you should see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did the cheek implant surgery for an evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.comt

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.