Can Cheek Implants Mildly Lift Pre Jowl, Corners of the Mouth, Etc?

Does it depend on the size of cheek implant? Please let me know.

Cheek Implants, Cheek Augmentaion, Cheek Enhancement

+1

I have used Cheek Implants to shape and contour the face for over 20 years.  In my opinion, the Cheek Implants shouldnot be large enough to lift facial tissues as this can cause the Cheek Implants to alter the normal aesthetics of the face.  Cheek Implants are to be used to augment and enhance the cheek bone, not to lift tissues.  This is what Face Lifts are designed to do.  If a face has inadequate (less than ideal aesthetically shaped cheeks) Cheek Implants are one option...fillers like Radiesse and Perlane are the other.  If the face has loose skin and SMAS, a Face Lift, with Cheek Augmentation if this is also required, would be the most appropriate course of action.

People who have large Cheek Implants placed in an attempt to lift the Nasolabial Folds or Jowls can be left with a puppet-like appearance that screams "I've had Cheek Implants that are to large."

Cheek implants not designed to lift pre jowls or corners of mouth

+1

Cheek implants will not lift the corners of the mouth. It is simply done to augment the flat cheek area. It does tend to slightly flatten the upper portion of the nasolabial fold but will not do anything for the prejowl area or the corners of the mouth. It is important to be conservative in choosing the size of implants to use rather than overdo them, so it does not appear that you had obvious cheek implant surgery.  

Cheek Implants to Lift the Pre-Jowl Area & Corner of the Mouth

+1

Cheek implants will improve cheek projection and contour, but will not lift the pre-jowl area or the corner of the mouth. A facelift, fillers, fat injections, or botox will address your concerns depending on your physical needs and goals. Consult with a surgeon to discuss your alternatives.

Pre jowl and perioral regions

+1

The pre-jowl region can be best treated with a facelift and then possibly soft tissue fillers. Cheek implants impact the cheek and nasolabial folds the most.

+1

Fillers and Botox may also give you this , and possibly more noticeable  effect without the need for surgery.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implants can help

+1

Implants, whether natural fat or prosthetic in nature, can certainly restore the natural prominences we have as young people. The treatment of the aging face has undergone some interesting changes. We now recognize that restoring volume in the cheeks does change the "gravity" effects we see in our prejowls. additionally, dollops of temporary filler placed into the prejowls will restore that strong line we like to see. Because it is placed below the skin, it also lasts longer, being protected from movement in the skin. Barry Resnik, MD, Dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon, Miami, FL

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Cheek Implants Mildly Lift Pre Jowl, Corners of the Mouth

+1

Very "mildly" if at all. And yes the larger the implant the more lifting can occur but very little at best. From MIAMI Dr. darryl J. Blinski