Would Cheek Implants Improve my Appearance? (photo)

Hi, I realise im young to be thinking about surgery, but I've never liked the way I looked, especially because I come from a family of very attractive people. I thought maybe cheek implants might help, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions of how I could make myself look better, that I could bear in mind for the future when I may have the money and maturity to try and take action to improve my appearance. Thanks Hannah

Would Cheek Implants Improve my Appearance?

+1

Yes, from the photos your cheeks are relatively flat.  Cheek Implants can augmenta and shape the cheeks to a more aesthetically correct shape.  This has the ability to make the entire face more feminine.  You may also want to consider filling out the upper and lower lips that would soften the lower face, IMO.

Cheek Implants vs Fillers

+1

The picture does show that you have less than ideal cheek projection which can be improved with temporary fillers such as Radiesse or a permanent solution with cheek implants. You need to be examined by a surgeon who specializes in facial cosmetic surgery to review your alternatives and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. It is difficult to evaluate your other faciaal features with one photo. Educate yourself before making any decisions.

I would suggest you use fillers instead

+1

I would suggest that you start with dermal filler first - most likely Restylane. I wouldn't jump to something like cheek implants before first seeing how you like your face fuller, and where you like it. Then, if you decide to do cheek implants at a later date, your physician will be able to determine how to best do the procedure for your desired results.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Advantages of fillers vs cheek implants in a young person

+1

Longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse have many advantages over implants, especially in a younger person such as yourself. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. If you don't like the way it looks, it will go away in time and not require more surgery. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years. Touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Avoid cheek implants for cheek augmentation, there are better options!

+1

I would definitely recommend avoiding cheek implants as there are many possible long term complications.  If you want to change the shape of your face and have more projecting cheeks, I would suggest starting with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm and transitioning to autologous fat if you like the results.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD